This was a huge hit for dinner! It was quick, easy and delicious. I made two quiche for dinner. One had only bacon and cheese for the kids. The other was a rustic bacon and mushroom quiche that my husband and I shared! Serve this quiche with a side salad and fresh strawberries. I hope you and your family enjoy this Tilly’s Nest original!
1/2 cup milk
1 premade pie crust ( I prefer Pillsbury)
1 medium sweet yellow onion-diced
1/2 pound maple flavored bacon
1 cup sliced white mushrooms
1 cup grated Gruyere cheese
1/2 tsp dried Thyme
salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
1. Line a pie plate with the pie crust and set aside.
2. Cut strips of bacon into small 1/2 inch pieces. In a medium saucepan, add the bacon and cook until crispy. Remove bacon from pan, place on a plate with a paper towel to drain the grease. Drain the remaining bacon grease from the pan, leaving a small amount to saute the onions.
2. Next add the onions to the pan with the remaining bacon grease. Saute for about 5 minutes. Add the thyme and the mushrooms. Cook until the mushrooms are softened. Remove from heat.
3. In a large bowl whisk together the eggs and milk until thoroughly incorporated. Next add the cheese, bacon, mushrooms, onion and thyme. Stir to combine.
4. Pour the egg mixture into the pie crust. With your fingers form the edge of the pie crust and place the quiche in the oven. Bake for approximately 35-40 minutes.
This recipe and all of the other recipes featured on Tilly’s Nest can be found in one convenient cookbook at Tastebook.