Here is a great easy recipe for you to try this week. This is Tilly’s Nest’s take on the original classic. It is great if you have fussy kids. Just serve them the chicken and pasta without the sauce. Your entire family can eat the same thing without you feeling like a short order cook. Enjoy!
4 boneless chicken breasts–pounded flat
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon flour
1/2 cup Italian Seasoned Bread crumbs
1/4 cup fresh shredded parmesan cheese
1/2 cup milk
salt and pepper
4 tablespoons or so of olive oil
1 cup white wine
1 cup chicken stock
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon parsley
3 cloves garlic-diced
2 tablespoons of capers
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium
2. Whisk the egg and milk together in a bowl.
3. Combine the bread crumbs, 1/2 cup of flour and parmesan cheese together and spread on a plate
4. Salt and pepper the chicken breasts. Dredge them in the egg mixture. Coat with the breadcrumb mixture and place the pan with the heated olive oil.
5. Brown the chicken on both sides. Do not flip it too soon, wait for it to be browned. After about 5 minutes on each side, check the chicken and make sure it is cooked through. If so, remove from the pan and set aside.
6. In the skillet with the remaining oil, add the garlic and saute for about 1 minute.
7. Next add the tablespoon of flour and whisk it into the oil.
8. Next gently add the chicken stock whisking constantly causing the flour to become well incorporated into the sauce. Add the white wine, capers and lemon juice. Reduce heat to a simmer.
9. Add the chicken back into the simmering sauce. Cook for about 5 minutes.
10. Serve over pasta, rice, risotto or mashed potatos.
Don’t forget, you can find all of my featured recipes combined in their very own cookbook. Click on Tastebook here or the link on the right hand side of the page to see all of my recipes so far. This helps me keep the recipes organized and easy to find.