One of my best friends brought a homemade tomato pie to our house one day. It was so delicious that I decided to create a recipe based on that dish. One of my friend’s chickens just started laying eggs. She had six yesterday and was in need of a recipe. May I suggest this mediterranean quiche?
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1 premade pie crust
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup cooked diced ham
1/2 cup milk
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a glass pie plate, mold the pie crust to the bottom of the plate and mold the edges of the crust to resemble pie crust.
2. In a large separate bowl, whisk together the milk and eggs.
3. Stir the ham and cheese into the egg mixture until well combined.
4. Pour the egg mixture into the pie crust.
5. Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until cooked through and quiche is golden brown.
(If crust edges brown too quickly and start to burn, cover only those parts with aluminum foil, and continue to bake.)
Cooking times may vary based on individual ovens.
Serve with a green salad or a cup of soup.