We thought that it would be fun to introduce you to our newest sponsor, www.eggcartons.com, with a giveaway. Have you ever wondered what size eggs your double yolkers would qualify for? Have you ever wondered about your bantam eggs? Well, wonder no more, because this amazing scale will not only answer those questions but can also help you sort your eggs. This scale can weigh in grams and ounces and it makes a great addition to any household that enjoys chickens. If you have never been to www.eggcartons.com before, it is definitely a must visit site for chickens. Based here in Massachusetts, everything that you need and then some is just one click away. Here are my top 5 products from www.eggcartons.com.
1. Plastic egg cartons. This is a beautiful way to showcase the eggs that your girls lay. With a ribbon tied around the box, this is the perfect gift filled with eggs when going over to a friend’s house for a holiday visit. You can chose from many sizes of egg cartons and for less than a dollar. Plus the more cartons you purchase, the better your price.
2. Dried meal worms. These are fabulous tossed out for your girls as a treat. They are also a great source of protein during molting. My girls love it when I bring them freshly made oatmeal on cold mornings with meal worms sprinkled on top. Delicious!
3. Vitamins and Electrolytes. Think of this as Gatorade for your chickens. We always have two waterers in the girls living space and one of them always contains vitamins and electrolytes. This is an easy way to boost your flock’s immune system and help booster their defenses with daily stressors. Just a quick premeasured scoop, a quick stir and you are good to go.
4. Egg Decoys. Are your girls just starting to lay and not getting the eggs in the nesting boxes? Have you just changed over to a new coop and want to encourage the girls to feel safe and lay their eggs in the nesting boxes? Well, try placing a couple of wooden eggs in your nesting boxes. This is an easy way to drop them a hint.
5. The Natural History of the Chicken DVD! I saw this last year on New Years Day. This is one of the best movies I have ever seen about chickens. A perfect stocking stuffer for a chicken lover who has and seen just about everything. Two thumbs up!
Here are 5 ways you can enter to win
The Incredible Egg Scale:
1. You must leave a comment on this blog for entry. Only comments here on this blog post will be accepted as an entry. Be sure to leave an email address so that we can contact you if you do not have a blog. (1 entry) If you are doing any of the below actions to increase your number of entries, please let us know in your comment(s). You can earn 5 entries in this amazing giveaway!
2. Take a visit over to www.eggcartons.com and let me know what you would put on your wishlist, not including the items mentioned above. (1 entry)
3. Becomes a fan of eggcartons.com on Facebook (1 entry)
4. Become a fan of Tilly’s Nest here or on Facebook (1 entry)
BONUS ENTRY: Vote for our Christmas tree in this contest. Scroll down past trees, fill in circle number 20-Melissa C. and then scroll down and click vote. (1 entry)
Good luck all and thank you especially for the tree votes!
This contest ends on Friday, December 23, 2011 at 11:59pm East Coast Time.
Item ships to US addresses only.
We are also having a calendar giveaway on Facebook if you help us promote the tree contest! Click on the link to get all the details.
Photo Credit: www.eggcartons.com