One of the wonderful things about Christmas is the opportunity to make handmade gifts for friends and family. Each year, I make items that I have been inspired by, sometimes from the stores or sometimes online. In the past, I had seen many wreaths made from glass ornaments, but this year, I decided to create ornament topiaries that are perfect decor for tablescapes, buffet tables or even table topper trees.
This craft took me a couple of hours to make. I used a variety shapes and sizes of ornaments. The ornaments I selected had a vintage feel. Many of the ornaments I used came from a variety of stores including Amazon, Walmart and Hobby Lobby. I used the “unbreakable” glass ornaments to create this ornament topiary with a few found treasures and treats tucked in along the way.
Heres’s what you will need to get started to make your very own ornament topiary:
Ornament Topiary Supplies:
- Assorted glass ornaments- assorted small, decorated, and large glass, shapes and a few for accents.
- One finial ornament
- string of beaded silver or gold garland.
- Cardboard cone
- Hot glue and glue gun
- Start off and remove the metal hanging clip from the spire ornament and hot glue it to the top of the cardboard cone.
- Next, begin at the bottom and build your ornament topiary. Glue the balls from the bottom until the top working your way up to the top.
- Continue on and layer on additional smaller and other shaped ornaments tucking them into nooks and crannies until you can no longer see the cardboard cone showing through.
- Lastly, for a final touch, hot glue on the beaded garland being sure to drape it in a relaxed fashion.
Enjoy and be sure to tag me if you care to share your ornament topiary on social media. I would absolutely love to see your creativity!
For many more holiday crafts like this, please check out my crafting section.
1 thought on “Handmade Holiday: Ornament Topiary”
All God’s Blessings to you and your family this Christmas season and throughout the New Year!