We thought that it would be fun to introduce you to our newest sponsor, www.eggcartons.com, with a giveaway. Have you ever wondered what size eggs your double yolkers would qualify for? Have you ever wondered about your bantam eggs? Well, wonder no more, because this amazing scale will not only answer those questions but can also help you sort your eggs. This scale can weigh in grams and ounces and it makes a great addition to any household that enjoys chickens. If you have never been to www.eggcartons.com before, it is definitely a must visit site for chickens. Based here in Massachusetts, everything that you need and then some is just one click away. Here are my top 5 products from www.eggcartons.com.
1. Plastic egg cartons. This is a beautiful way to showcase the eggs that your girls lay. With a ribbon tied around the box, this is the perfect gift filled with eggs when going over to a friend’s house for a holiday visit. You can chose from many sizes of egg cartons and for less than a dollar. Plus the more cartons you purchase, the better your price.
2. Dried meal worms. These are fabulous tossed out for your girls as a treat. They are also a great source of protein during molting. My girls love it when I bring them freshly made oatmeal on cold mornings with meal worms sprinkled on top. Delicious!
3. Vitamins and Electrolytes. Think of this as Gatorade for your chickens. We always have two waterers in the girls living space and one of them always contains vitamins and electrolytes. This is an easy way to boost your flock’s immune system and help booster their defenses with daily stressors. Just a quick premeasured scoop, a quick stir and you are good to go.
4. Egg Decoys. Are your girls just starting to lay and not getting the eggs in the nesting boxes? Have you just changed over to a new coop and want to encourage the girls to feel safe and lay their eggs in the nesting boxes? Well, try placing a couple of wooden eggs in your nesting boxes. This is an easy way to drop them a hint.
5. The Natural History of the Chicken DVD! I saw this last year on New Years Day. This is one of the best movies I have ever seen about chickens. A perfect stocking stuffer for a chicken lover who has and seen just about everything. Two thumbs up!
1. You must leave a comment on this blog for entry. Only comments here on this blog post will be accepted as an entry. Be sure to leave an email address so that we can contact you if you do not have a blog. (1 entry) If you are doing any of the below actions to increase your number of entries, please let us know in your comment(s). You can earn 5 entries in this amazing giveaway!
2. Take a visit over to www.eggcartons.com and let me know what you would put on your wishlist, not including the items mentioned above. (1 entry)
3. Becomes a fan of eggcartons.com on Facebook (1 entry)
4. Become a fan of Tilly’s Nest here or on Facebook (1 entry)
BONUS ENTRY: Vote for our Christmas tree in this contest. Scroll down past trees, fill in circle number 20-Melissa C. and then scroll down and click vote. (1 entry)
Item ships to US addresses only.
We are also having a calendar giveaway on Facebook if you help us promote the tree contest! Click on the link to get all the details.
Photo Credit: www.eggcartons.com
47 thoughts on “Giveaway: The Incredible Egg Scale”
OMG, I was JUST looking at this thinking I had to have this. But I'm afraid my husband will leave me if I bring one more chicken shaped thing into the kitchen.
I also love the tin Fresh Eggs signs they sell. I'm going to have to order one or two of those this spring.
And I've been voting for your tree. I'll go vote again after I send this.
Oh, and I received my calendar in the mail last night. Thank you. I LOVE it!
I voted for your Christmas tree this morning. I already subscribe to your blog and have "liked" you on FB. I also liked eggcartons on FB and looked at their site. I like to small egg basket and the poultry carriers.
How cute! My kids would love to use this and chart egg sizes. (We just got an itty bitty egg this morning for a new layer.)
Homestead egg wipes! (And probably some non-picking spray.)
Liked Egg Cartons on FB
Liked Tilly's Nest on FB (Wonder why I hadn't done that before?!)
Voted for your fab tree!
I use eggcarton.com's retro 3×4 cardboard cartons and love them. (1 entry)
Fan of eggcartons.com (1 entry)
Fan of Tilly's Nest (1 entry)
Voted for your tree (1 entry)
Fresheggsdaily@gmail.com (1 entry)
Thanks Melissa !
I just won calendar from you, Thank You, its so pretty! So, I'm not entering this contest, but I wanted to say that I love reading your blogs and I think eggcartons.com is a wonderful sponsor and they have lots of great stuff…I use their little plastic hex egg cartons and people always ask about them. I hadn't looked at their web site in a while and your blog made me take a peek and I saw they have Chicken Christmas Music CD… that would be fun to have to drive people nuts!
Good Luck with the Christmas Tree Contest, I vote for you everyday because I think it would be a lifelong memory for your kids to get to cook with Cooper !
My son saw one of these in a catalog the other day and said how awesome it'd be for our eggs. Then you host this giveaway =o) I think its fate ;o)
I like their signs, these especially:
The Caution signs http://www.eggcartons.com/Caution-Attack-Signs/productinfo/SIGN-ATK/
The Fresh Eggs for Sale sign (it was hard to decide between this one & the tin one) http://www.eggcartons.com/Fresh-Eggs-For-Sale-Sign-11-x-11/productinfo/SIGN-FE4S/
We just fanned them on Facebook (under our farm Rogue Wild & my personal page Shannon Thompson)
I'm already a fan of Tilly's Nest on both of my FB pages and I subscribe to your awesome blog!
ooh count me in I love eggcartons.com!They are a local Massachusetts company! I especially love the 3×4 old fashioned egg cartons with the happy chickens on the front!
Voted a bunch of times for your tree~ Hope you win!
I'm a fan of yours on facebook.
I would like a heated waterer for my chickens. Then I don't have to worry about frozen water!
I'd love the chicken scale!! It is adorable!
Became a fan of eggcartons on facebook.
The selection of egg trays/cartons on eggcartons.com can't be beat… a given, I guess!
I would love to be entered into this. Could really use the egg scale. Thanks for offering.
I already follow you on Facebook and now am following Egg Cartons too.
I went to egg cartons.com and I could always use anything with my chickens..new feeders, and of course egg cartons.
I went and voted on your tree and it is pretty…you are doing well too! #20… Hope you win.
Would LOVE any of the prizes… but I would choose the chicken scale. I have voted for your tree several times (hope you win!) and am a Facebook fan. firstname.lastname@example.org Pam, aka Canning Granny
I want one!!!!
My 3 jobs done today I liked egg cartons and I already like you everywhere else!
I would love this!
Little giant circulated air incubator would definately be on my wish list!
I visited EggCartons and liked them on Facebook. I put into my wish list and will be ordering the Treat Ball from them very soon. I also liked you on Facebook. And I voted for your beautiful Christmas Tree. Looks like you have lots of votes! I would love to win the egg scale. Love It!! Keep up the great blog, etc.
I don't use Facebook much, so I hope I done it right. 🙂 I Liked both eggcartons.com and Tilly's Nest, along with sharing this on my wall. I also voted for that lovely Christmas Tree. On my wish list at eggcartons.com I have Blank White Polystyrene Foam Egg Carton, Ovotherm Glass Clear Twin 6-Egg Carton, and "The Genesis" Hovabator Incubator (one always needs a new incubator). Even though I am never really luck I figured, why not?.
I voted for ur tree, my wishlist is a label for egg cartons, im freinds w/ you and eggcartons.com in total of 5 entries so here is my email at email@example.com I hope you can send me the egg scale email me at my firstname.lastname@example.org!I think you are very generous to be giving away presents to people all around the U.S.
If my family wins we will be sure to thank you alot!
I have enjoyed reading your blog and information! I also love your tree and think its simply beautiful! Keep up the good work and keep loving poultry. 🙂
Jenn Nashoba writes:
Sorry, but having trouble with posting a comment on the blog since I do not have a Google account *frown*… all after doing everything to get all 5 entries. I'm heading to bed… *sigh* Its almost 3am and I need to let "the girls" out in a few hours! I hope your tree does well, and I still wish for a Hovabator Genisis set up! LOL
In the spirit of Christmas, I have posted her entry.
Im getting a new chi ken cor Christmas 😉 i hope you have a merry
Oh this would help me figure out how many of my girls eggs to use while baking! I would wish for a Little Giant Circulated Air Incubator. I already like you on facebook and I've been voting for your tree!
Good Morning! I like you on Facebook, voted for your tree, On my wishlist is a Hova-bator Incubator – NO WAIT!!!, its on my NEED list! LOL
I've also been a fan of eggcartons.com for some time now. And I love your blog even tho I dont comment often, I'm commenting now, I do believe that gives me 5 entries??? Keep spreading the love of chickens to the world!!!!
So cool! I would love to win this giveaway.
officerswife33 at gmail dot com
I'm loving the clear hexagon egg cartons… the ones that hold the half dozen eggs. I think I'm going to buy them! That is the perfect way to give out just a few eggs at a time. Until I have more chickens and we are producing more eggs, I won't be giving away more than a few at a time. I'm a little selfish like that! I LOVE my fresh eggs!!
I'm an eggcartons.com fan on FB
Also a Tilly's Nest fan on FB
Been voting for you and going to vote yet again. Good luck!! I hope you win!
thank you so much for a wonderful page to visit on FB and here!
My wishlist is clear egg cartons so I can see the rainbow color of eggs 🙂
I have been advertising for the tree contest on my blog and voting everyday and now that I'm leaving a comment do those count? Also I'm a fan of you and egg cartons on Facebook! Please count me in! (my email is the best way to contact me)
All your votes here count! Thank you so much for your support. We can't wait to find out who the winner will be. Good luck everyone!!
Have been a fan of Tilly's Nest for a while now and enjoy your stories very much. I have purchased products from Egg Cartons before and went there today and added to my wish list. The red glass rooster dish is beautiful! I will head out next to again vote for your Christmas tree in the contest. May you and your family have a blessed Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. McClains Crazy Aces Farm at email@example.com
Comments are closed.