Lately, with all of the contractors working around the house, I find our family dining out, for the sheer sake of convenience. However, it is possible with chaos surrounding the kitchen to prepare a very simple and delicious meal like this one. The key is marinading the chicken. Grilling and assembling the fajitas are easy and fun for the kids. This dinner, if prepped ahead of time, can be ready in about 15 minutes. I love that! Plus it’s home cooked, low fat, includes all of the food groups, incredibly yummy and satisfying. This is one of my go to meals when I come home from after school activities with the kids.
4 boneless chicken breasts
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 package of taco seasoning mix
Mexican shredded cheese
Flour tortillas~soft taco size~ 1 package
1. In a gallon zip lock bag, combine the taco seasoning and olive oil. Add the chicken and marinade the entire day in the refrigerator.
2. On the grill over medium heat, cook the chicken until the juices run clear and the internal temperature is 170 degrees F.
3. Remove from grill and on a cutting board, cut into strips.
4. Place the tortillas on a dinner plate and cover with a wet paper towel. Warm them in the microwave.
5. Bring the meat, warm tortillas and toppings to the table and let your family enjoy in creating their dinner.
Time Saving Tip:
If time is an issue, prep all of your toppings before hand. When dinner time arrives, it is incredibly while you are grilling the chicken to remove the toppings from the refrigerator and set them on the table.
You might enjoy some other recipes featured on Tilly’s Nest. Click here.