I have had so many friends and family members ask me for this recipe over the years, that I just had to finally share it. My delicious secret is out and I hope that you enjoy this pie served warm ala mode! It is incredibly easy and everyone will be asking you to share your secret.
1 premade pie crust~ I prefer Pillsbury
4 cups of assorted fresh berries~ I prefer 1 1/2 cup blueberries, 1 cup strawberries, 3/4 cups raspberries, 3/4 cup blackberries
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon lemon juice
dash of salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup melted butter
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a pie plate with the pie crust.
2. Wash and clean all berries. Cut the strawberries, blackberries and raspberries in bite size pieces. Place in a bowl and set aside.
3. In a small saucepan over medium heat, add the sugar, water, cornstarch, lemon juice and salt. Whisk frequently and continue to simmer until mixture becomes thickened, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
4. Pour sugar mixture over the berries and mix well. Then pour into the pie crust and spread with a spoon.
5. In another bowl, combine the butter, oats, flour, cinnamon and sugar with a fork. Mash and cut into the mixture with the fork until it is well combined and crumbly. Then spread this over the top of the berries. Cover the berries entirely with the crumb topping.
6. Place pie on a baking sheet on the middle rack. Bake for 45 minutes until the crumble is browned and the edges of the pie are bubbly.
7. Remove from oven and let cool 30 minutes prior to serving.
This recipe can be found our very own Tilly’s Nest Cookbook.
1 thought on “Warm Berry Pie with Crumb Topping”
Your combination of food is fabulous. This sound scrumptious. My mouth is watering. Thanks for recipe.