This is a very simple and delicious family friendly recipe. It looks like this week we will be reminded that Spring has not quite yet arrived! This is my own take on a classic Campbell’s soup recipe. Give it a try this week.
|Image courtesy of Campbell’s|
2 cups of rotisserie chicken cut into bite size pieces
1 1/2 cups of mixed frozen vegetables
1 can Campbell’s Cream of Chicken Soup
1/4 cup of milk
1 tablespoon of dried parsley
salt and pepper
1 box Pillsbury premade pie crusts—in the refrigerated section at the grocery store
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
1. In a small pot, add 1/2 cup of water and the vegetables. Cook the vegetables lightly until they are thawed and warmed. Drain from pot and set aside. This step can also be done in the microwave.
2. In a large pot, over medium heat, combine the Cream of Chicken soup, milk and parsley. Mix well.
3. Next add the chicken and the vegetables. Combine and heat until warmed through. Add salt and pepper to your liking.
4. Unroll one pie crust and evenly press it into a pie pan until it conforms to the shape of the dish.
5. Add the Chicken filling mixture into the pie crust. Using a spoon, spread it evenly to all areas of the pan.
6. Unroll the second crust onto the top of the mixture. Press the sides of the pot pie together around the edges of the glass. Insert a knife into the center of the upper pie crust to create 4 vents for steam to escape.
7. Bake in oven for approximately 40 minutes on center rack. Remove when pie crust is golden brown.
You can find this and all of our recipes featured on our website at Tastebook.