One of my best friends is probably one of the best bakers that I know. Over the years, she has found and shared so many wonderful recipes with me. I wanted to share with you her fabulous strawberry bread. It is absolutely delicious.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
3 cups of flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 cups white sugar
2 cups fresh sliced strawberries
1 1/4 cup vegetable oil
1. Mix together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and sugar in a large mixing bowl and make a well in the center.
2. Beat together the eggs oil and strawberries. Then pour into the well made in the flour mixture.
3. Stir just enough to dampen all the ingredients. Do not over mix.
4. Grease 2 loaf pans and pour the batter evenly into the loaf pans.
5. Bake for approximately 50-60 minutes until the bread is baked through and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. Cool 20 minutes prior to removing bread from pans. Complete cooling on a rack. Refrigerate to store.