I have been a fan of the small business, Louise's Country Closet for many years. I first met Mandy and Brenda a few years ago when poor Dolly suffered a terrible pecking from the girls when she was broody. Immediately they came to Dolly's rescue and sent me some of their saddles to sample. I was hooked and immediately added a few assorted sizes to my chicken first aid kit. Dolly made a full recovery and every now and then, I have to put the saddle back on her.
The saddles hold up well. Wash beautifully and can be reused over and over again.
Advantages to using Hen Saddles
1. Cost effective. You don't need to have a hospital for your chicken to recover.
2. Speeds up recovery. Out of sight, out of mind. The chickens stop picking.
3. Keeps your girls comfortable with overzealous roosters.
4. Ensures that your hen keeps her place in the pecking order.
5. Helps decrease your anxiety about your poor hen's injuries.
6. Keeps them warm during the Wwinter months when their backs are bare.
But that is not all, Louise's Country Closet also sells chicken diaper for those who keep house chickens inside full time or temporarily. They all sell lots of other fabulous merchandise too. Go check them out!